Wednesday, March 18, 2009

When we mess with God's Holy Land, we pay The Price

I was just trying to add more sites to the list of sites off to the right, when I happened upon Chick Comics (thanks, Judd):
Naturally, I figured that God's opinion ("Somebody Angry?")would be pretty crucial to understanding the situation in the Middle East. Little did I realize that it would also be crucial to my understanding of Hurricane Katrina (as well as Hurricane Andrew, widespread flooding, 9/11, 88 "out-of-season tornadoes", and also other tornadoes, hurricanes, flood, and drought).
I always viewed Chick Comics as fervent-but-harmless, because they mostly just keep things personal, but blaming 9/11 on a middle east peace plan and Katrina on the U.S. "pressuring" Israel to evacuate Gaza, is going too far for a comic book.

Ahhh, this is more like it (and in Mongolian Cyrillic, no less):

1 comment:

  1. I mean, yes, this is crazy. And yes, it's different from the usual Chick material, mostly in its tone (the line "The nations are insane!" is not something that the old Jack Chick would say, for example - is he still writing these?). But can something that's already maximally crazy be said to "go off the deep end"? Chick comics have not been in the pool for some time. Por ejemplo.

    ReplyDelete